There were records set and several other good finishes as St. Vincent, Perryville, and Saxony Lutheran track teams all competed in the Perryville Invitational on Tuesday.
The Saxony Lutheran girls finished fifth as a team with 49 points, while Perryville girls finished sixth with 47 points. The Perryville boys finished ninth as a team.
The best finish for any of the athletes on the day had to be St. Vincent senior Marissa Cooper.
She set a St. Vincent school record in the pole vault with a height of 10.00 feet. That was good enough for first place in the event and beat out Park Hills Central senior Liberty Coleman and Cape Central senior Jalee Spain by nearly a whole foot. Coleman and Spain reached a height of 9 feet, 0.25 inches to finish in a tie for second.
Perryville senior Courtney Wright had a pair of top three finishes in some of the long distance events. Wright finished first in the 3,200 meter run and second in the 1,600 meter run.
Wright finished with a time of 12 minutes, 49.06 seconds to win the 3,200 meter run, which was 42 seconds ahead of Lindsey Caldwell of Cape Central. Wright missed out on first place in the 1,600 meter by .35 seconds as St. Pius senior Rita Eimer. Wright finished with a time of 5:44.81 in the event.
For Saxony Lutheran, Anna Thomason was the lone first place finisher for the Crusaders as she finished in the top spot in the 200-meter dash with a time of 27.33 seconds. She beat out Valle Catholic junior Samantha Loida by .63 of a second. She also finished third in the triple jump and sixth in the high jump.
Other top finishes for Perryville include sophomore Tegan Bishop who finished third in the 200 meter with a time of 28.12 seconds, she also finished fifth in the 400 meter with a time of 1:07.58.
Keturah Pyland finished sixth in the 300-meter hurdles with a time of 56.41 seconds and seventh in the 100-meter hurdles with a time of 19.41 seconds.
Sophomore Breanna White finished fifth in the shot put at 32 feet, 9 inches and sixth in the discus with a throw of 83-10.75, and she was eighth in the javelin with a throw of 85-5.5.
For the Perryville boys, Aladdin Garris fared well in the running events as she finished sixth in the 100 meter with a time of 11.64 seconds, she also finished seventh in the 200 meter.
Dominic Mahathath finished fourth in the high jump at 5 feet, 7 inches. He also finished fifth in the triple jump at 39 feet, 5.50 inches.
For St. Vincent, Gabriel Anders finished sixth in the 800 meter with a time of 2:35.25, wile Isaac Hotop finished ninth in the 3,200 meter.
For Saxony, Isabella Deckerd finished second in the long jump with a distance of 14 feet, 10 inches. Deckerd also finished third in the 100 meter dash with a time of 13.45 seconds.Abbi Thomason finished sixth in the javelin at 94 feet, 10.25 inches and seventh in the 800 meter run at 2:47.12.
Team scores (girls)
1) Central (Cape Girardeau) H 155
2) Hillsboro High School 134
3) Valle Catholic High School 63
4) Central (Park Hills) High 57
5) Saxony Lutheran High School 49
6) Perryville High School 47
7) Farmington High School 46
8) Jefferson R-VII High School 44.50
9) Sikeston High School 33
10) Windsor (Imperial) High S 26.50
11) St. Pius X (Festus) High S 25
12) Woodland High School 22
13) Scott City High School 17
14) Fredericktown High School 11
15) St. Vincent High School 10
Team scores (boys)
1) Hillsboro High School 132
2) Central (Cape Girardeau) 129
3) Valle Catholic High School 88
4) Windsor (Imperial) High School 68.50
5) Sikeston High School 68
6) Scott City High School 48
7) St. Pius X (Festus) High School 41
7) Fredericktown High School 41
9) Perryville High School 30
10) Jefferson R-VII High School 27.50
11) Farmington High School 21.50
12) Woodland High School 20.50
13) Central (Park Hills) High 18
14) St. Vincent High School 7
15) Saxony Lutheran High School 1